R.I.P my favorite decade (2000-2009)


R.I.P (rest in peace) an unlikely beginning for a New Year post, isn’t it? But it is worth it. Some people say it is the end of the bloodiest decade and other may argue that it is a new beginning. But to me it is both an end and a beginning. Because it is a common sense that without an end there can’t be a beginning and without a proper beginning there can’t be an end. So guys this is a life cycle, if you are a computer geek, let me simplify it as saying that it is like a loop; for loop, while loop and so many other kind of loops that you may know. And for some mad small time idiotic researcher like me we call it recursion, iterations or epochs (Those who are familiar with the term must have got my meaning, sorry for those who can’t get the meaning of the terms, please refer a dictionary)
A decade has passed and a lot of things have changed. From the Y2K problem in the beginning to the 9/11 terror strike, attack on Indian parliament, Indian hotels, Indian railway stations, Indian temples by half witted mujahidins, boom of wireless communication and consumer electronics, the sky rocket rise of software industries and the mind blogging money that comes with the software sector and the sad fall of all the hypes, the uttha patak of the Indian stock market, red terror, hanging of Saddam Hussain, assassination of his 2 sons by British forces, assassination of Veerapan, Daniel Pearl, Banazir Bhutto, LTTE chief V Prabhakaran and hunt for the ever elusive person in the history of man kind Osama Bin Laden, Tsunami, earth quakes, biological warfare by alqaida, H1N1 Flu, Bird Flu all are the landmarks of the past decade.
            In the past decade we have seen more AK 47, grenade launchers and heard enough gun shots than we ever had in our life time. Each and every gun shot, bombing from B 52 fighter jets of USA on hapless Taliban hideouts, the face of terror of the Chechen rebels making hostage of innocent children and theatre going people, dare devil rescue attempt of navy personal from Russian nuclear submarine, 10 Indian NSG and Marcos descending from a chopper at the top of nariman house to eliminate terrorists in a top down approach all came live to our drawing room by DTH, a technology unheard a decade ago. We have witnessed a lot of terror may it be from the international terror organization like Al-Qaida or the naxals or the infamous LTTE and Chechen rebels, the Burmese military regime, the Taliban and a lot other organization. I term this decade as Terror Decade.
            Coming to myself the past decade has been a splendid journey for me. It has been the 10 most precious years of my life. And now I begin to wonder, I have grew up and that to very fast. From a 15 year old boy who gave his last paper of the matriculation exam (Geography & Economics) on his birthday, I am now pursuing M.E in Instrumentation & Control from Thapar University, Patiala with 2 research papers in national conference and reviews of the paper from the journals are expected anytime; I have come a lot of way. In 2000 I passed my matriculation from the state board, and my last exam finished on my birthday. Seems ruthless, isn’t it? But don’t worry I am used to it because for 3 consecutive years and for another couple of time I found myself sitting in the examination hall instead of celebrating my birthday with near and dear ones. In 2001 on my birthday I gave the electronics exam of +2 Science and in 2002 my birthday was an unforgettable event. I finished my +2 science course and gave the electronics lab exam on my birthday and gave a tearful adieu to my 1st love in the nearby bus stand. In 2003 I joined GIET to get a B.Tech degree in Instrumentation and enjoyed a lot during the 4 year stay in the naxal dominated area. I made real friends, learnt how to make an omelet, how to survive in extreme situation and how to deal with a demanding university and a reluctant love simultaneously. By 2007 I was a different person, my self confidence which was lost after my +2 days was back, I was some what good in my core subject and life seemed as a bed of roses for me. But the real drama had to unfold after my graduation. A deadly storm hits my personal life without any warning which caught me completely off guard. I was kicked out from the gates of reputed university and denied an M.Tech seat. I was at the verge of breaking down under the mounting stress and depression and eventually broke down in an unused air port field which I use as a place for my solitude. I got a call from the god’s own country for a salvation in automation and I jumped to the opportunity, and for the first time in my life I experienced dishes made out from coconut oil, Malayalam people and experienced life. By 2008 I passed my PG diploma in industrial automation system design. Soon after the course completed I got my 1st job as a lecturer in a private engineering college with a salary of Rs 8000/- per month. In 2009 my sister got married and I wanted a higher degree and left my job and moved to Patiala, Punjab for M.Tech degree. So looking forward to get a post graduate degree soon and get in solitude in instrumentation engineering. I don’t know about the future but let us hope for the best. As the past decade has been a wonderful experience for me let us hope that the coming decade be in favor of me.
            So guys as I finish typing down this piece the time in my newly bought orpat watch indicates that it is 12 in the night and I can hear the sound of busting crackers, loud music and cheering people from outside and as usual the siren of police patrolling jeep so guys wish you all a happy new year. Do enjoy the moment. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Stand

Superannuation Post

RIP the Legend