Doctoral Degree..
It
has been ages, since I have written something from my heart. Life has changed
considerably and I am sailing with the changes, but my love for music and knowledge has been growing at a steady
pace. I don't actually remember when the changes started to appear in my life. After I completed my M.E, life has been changing at a rapid pace and I have to adjust with the pace. I did adhoc job in Thapar University for 1 year duration. Those 1 year were very hectic, very eventful and I fought with my teachers and administrators and myself like never before. I wanted to achieve everything in short period, but it was my sheer madness. I was unofficially spoon feeding 10-15 M.Tech students in their research work, was taking classes of image processing which I never studied. Going to Ranchi, Faridabad for project evaluation, preparing a manuscript of a book and doing PTU's M.Tech thesis all in the period of 1 year. As usual after Thapar I had no plans. One of my teacher Dr. Mandeep Singh offered me a job in farthest corner of South East Asia near Cambodia as a plant engineer. But my affection for the land of 5 rivers was at its dying limit, so I packed my bags and came home. (Ghar aza pardeshi tera desh bulaye re, bagon main jhulon ke mausam bapas aye re)
After coming back I applied for lectureship jobs in Bhubaneswar and luckily got one. The salary was less as expected. It was a new beginning as I was asked to teach control system alone. Till that day I never taught control system, so I was up to the challenge. At first the HOD and students didn't understand me but with time to come they came to know me. In busy roads of Bhubaneswar, I learned to ride my new Hero Dream Yuga, a 100 cc motor cycle and rode up around 5000 km in some months. My family was forcing me for a PhD admission so now I left that job and am pursuing my PhD from NIT, Rourkela. I joined the course in Jan 2013. It usually takes 4 years to complete it. At first my family was happier than me that I am coming to my home town Rourkela for 4 years. My father played a big role in enrolling me in to PhD here. He used his influence to arrange an unofficial meeting with one of my perspective guide months before the actual PhD interviews took place. My guide did his PhD in 3-D image processing from IIT, Kharagpur and taught instrumentation courses in UG and PG level in NIT. He saw my published research papers and commented that these could have been published in better journals and asked me the question, which I was tired of answering that why I published papers in paid journals. After that I applied for PhD admission in NIT. The written test was a cake walk and then came the main interview. There were hiccups in interview but somehow I managed, but my guide was not satisfied. He called me to his chamber and made to feel me miserable, but finally I got the admission.
After coming back I applied for lectureship jobs in Bhubaneswar and luckily got one. The salary was less as expected. It was a new beginning as I was asked to teach control system alone. Till that day I never taught control system, so I was up to the challenge. At first the HOD and students didn't understand me but with time to come they came to know me. In busy roads of Bhubaneswar, I learned to ride my new Hero Dream Yuga, a 100 cc motor cycle and rode up around 5000 km in some months. My family was forcing me for a PhD admission so now I left that job and am pursuing my PhD from NIT, Rourkela. I joined the course in Jan 2013. It usually takes 4 years to complete it. At first my family was happier than me that I am coming to my home town Rourkela for 4 years. My father played a big role in enrolling me in to PhD here. He used his influence to arrange an unofficial meeting with one of my perspective guide months before the actual PhD interviews took place. My guide did his PhD in 3-D image processing from IIT, Kharagpur and taught instrumentation courses in UG and PG level in NIT. He saw my published research papers and commented that these could have been published in better journals and asked me the question, which I was tired of answering that why I published papers in paid journals. After that I applied for PhD admission in NIT. The written test was a cake walk and then came the main interview. There were hiccups in interview but somehow I managed, but my guide was not satisfied. He called me to his chamber and made to feel me miserable, but finally I got the admission.
It
has been 8 months since I joined and it’s always a continuous learning
experience here. At first I was more impatient but here the atmosphere I
learned to somewhat tame my impatience. I am working in the field of system
identification, parameter identification and real time controller design. The field
is an old one so I am not hoping to get something new. I want a couple of good
publications, which can give a proper head start to my career and launch me in
the proper academic orbit. My day starts at around 9 AM and finishes well after
mid night and 90% of time I am in the college, trying to acquire knowledge and
wisdom.
Life is like the ever green
kishore kumar song
"Kabhi palkon pe anshu hain, kabhi lab pe shikayat
hai..
Magar ye zindagi phir
bhi mujhe tujhse mohabbat hai..
Jo aata hai wo jata hai,
ye duniya aani jani hai.. yahan her seh musafir hai
safar main zindegani
hai, uzalon ki zarurat hai, andhera meri kishmat hai...
kabhi palkon pe anshu
hain, kabhi lab pe shikayat hai....."
the way u r expressing ur content is giving directly hit n feel. ur journey shows ur dedication to excel new task n event. good luck for coming events :)
ReplyDelete