Yet another Friday the 13th (13-07-2018)


Five years back on one of the infamous Friday the 13th I had penned down some of the interesting events of that day. Least I knew that five years down the line, those events will significantly change the world. The first incident I said was about the decision of fast track court in Nirbhaya rape case. All the four accused were sentenced to death by fast track court. In five years’ time, the Honbl'e Supreme court of India have confirmed the death sentence and declined a review petition by the accused. The wheel of justice runs really slow and hopefully someday in near future, Nirbhaya gets justice.

On 13-09-2013, Narendra Modi was elected the prime ministerial candidate of BJP and under his able leadership the party has won the landmark 2014 general elections and forming the BJP government in center. Subsequently the party won many state elections with comfortable majority. In some states, the party couldn't win the desired number of seats; therefore it took the help of alliance to form the government. And further in some states the party altogether lost the election. But due to BJP, now congress only rule handful of states in India. There were many landmark decisions such as OROP, Aadhar link, Demonetization, GST etc etc. These decisions changed the life of Indians upside down and have created a clear cut boundary between the Indian societies where some people accept BJP as a success story whereas others portray it as a failure. There have been several cases of heinous crimes such as rape, lynching based on rumors, atrocities against some minority and nomad community. The media has also played a crucial role in this entire story. It’s a never ending discussion, so let the results comes out of 2019 general elections, I hope everyone will see the clear picture after that.

On my personal front, in 2013 I was just taking baby steps towards Ph.D. degree. The last 5 years have been a real challenge and I think somehow I have managed to overcome a lot of obstacles which came on my way. I can't believe now that my Google scholar citations now stands at 277, whereas 5 years back it was nowhere to be seen. I have now 5 SCI publications on my name. That’s indeed a great achievement. On 13th July 2011 I got appointment letter from Thapar University for adhoc faculty. Now its 13th July 2018 (friday). I was due to appear for an interview in NIT, Raipur but due to academic issues back here, on the last moment I cancelled my trip. Today (13-07-2018), all the academic formalities have been over and I am one step closer to getting the Ph.D. degree in Engineering from NIT, Rourkela. The interview date of GBU, Gr. Nodia was postponed and it was good for me. Today around 9:30 PM I got a call from director of SUIIT, Burla offering me a temporary faculty position there. Though the remuneration is low, I think I can utilize my knowledge which I gained in NIT for the betterment of SUIIT which is taking baby steps. By the end of the day, around 11:30 PM, got a rejection mail from 57th IEEE CDC Conference to be held in USA. I was ready for the rejection and taking it in a positive note. It was an eventful day therefore took another 50 minutes past midnight to set up my mind and type down this blog. Sorry for not being able to put new posts in this blog in a regular basis as the mind is not supporting and lack of zeal to write. But eventually will try to pen down my thoughts. 

It has been a roller coaster drive with lots of ups and down. Hopefully, something better is stored in future. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Stand

Superannuation Post

RIP the Legend