Ye lamha filhal ji lenge hum

It is said to be the biggest and the busiest railway junction of India. I was waiting for my train. Hoards of people swarm the platform. I took a look around and found that I might get lost in this crowd. My train was still 1 hour late and I was flipping a magazine to pass my time. Suddenly my eye fell on a person, and instantly I recognized him as one of my college friend. I went near him and called him by his name. He turned, recognized me and made a shy smile. I found a remarkable change in his face. The ever joyful Rohan is looking shy, and one can tell instantly from his facial expression that he is not well (either physically or mentally). I enquired about his well being and he told me that he is fine. But my mind was full of questions. I was meeting Rohan after 1 year and I was sure that something drastic has occurred in his life. He was traveling by another train. So we sat in a bench and I offered him a cup of tea which he took with a thanks. After some time of usual talks I asked, “What is the news of shilpa?” Shilpa is Rohan’s long time girl friend and in college everybody gave example of their love story as a true love story. At this point Rohan stopped drinking the tea and said, “I don’t know”. I didn’t say anything about it and he hurriedly went saying that he has some urgent works. Rohan’s this type of behavior amused me but I tried to forget that incident.
Months passed and I forgot that incident and Rohan’s face faded away from my memory. After several months I was sitting over a dinner table with some of my friends when I met one of my college friends, and he joined us over the dinner. After the dinner we had some time to chat and I gathered information about the where about of our college friends. Suddenly he said, “Do you know Shilpa got married.” I replied, ”Rohan is a lucky guy to get his love.” But the answer I got shook the ground below my legs. He said, “No, Shilpa married to a punjabi guy and went to US. Her family decided about it.” It took me some times to digest the news and after that I asked,” When did it happen and what about Rohan?” My friend said,” I can’t tell the exact date but it was around November last year, and Rohan’s condition is very bad. It took him a lot of time to come in to the terms of life.” He also revealed that it took a lot of persuading and nagging to get Rohan out of this shock. It was getting late and my friend bid adieu from me. I raced back my mind and found that I met Rohan on the month of November of last year. At that point of time I could clearly remember his helpless face and that deserted look. I felt sorry for that poor guy and walked back to my room. I don’t know under what circumstances and what condition Shilpa took this decision to marry some other person, it might be the sheer pressure from the family or might be some other reasons but one thing is sure that someone’s decision to have a better life is certainly going to change some other’s life in a more significant way. We have seen Rohan and Shilpa for 4 years and never thought that they were having some problem. They were ideal couple in the college and they had the steadiest relationship. Rohan’s helpless face was in my mind and seeing his face I could remember one of my favorite song, ”Ankh hai bhari bhari aur tum muskurane ki baat karte ho.”
It was late at night and the streets were deserted, the city was trying to sleep. I turned on the FM and the RJ was playing a beautiful soulful song from filhal, “Yeh lamha filhal ji lenge hum”,the best song that can describe the misery of the broken hearts. I hesitantly walked to my room and discharged my body on the bed. The street lamp was the only source of light that was illuminating my room. The ear phone was still on my ears and as I closed my eyes I could see the helpless face of Rohan and feel the song, “Ye lamha filhal ji lenge hum.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Stand

Superannuation Post

RIP the Legend